St. Benedict offers several different options for purchasing textbook materials. The primary format is digital, utilizing downloaded ebooks and online textbooks. If not listed in MBS, these materials will be available from the instructor at the beginning of the school year, either free downloads or iBook downloads. If a hard copy is wanted instead of, or in addition to, ebooks, the ISBNs are available on request from Mary Sutton, textbook coordinator, at email@example.com. Also, some classes will have no textbook required.
Classroom materials required to be purchased but not available through MBS:
- iBooks download: An iTunes account will be needed with money loaded. Click here to see courses and prices.
- Workbooks: Cash or checks made to SBA will be due to the teacher in order to receive the workbook. Click here to see courses and prices
Sophomores who purchased Our Moral Life in Christ as a freshman will not need to repurchase the book. It was a VitalSource download and is yours forever.
St. Benedict utilizes MBS Direct as its official textbook partner. You can access our portal on MBS's website by clicking here. There you will find information related to ordering books and customer loyalty advantages. Below you will find some information taken from MBS's website about how everything works:
As your school's official textbook partner, MBS Direct offers cost savings, convenience, reliability, and host of services to meet your textbook needs. Here's how it works:
- MBS Direct Maintains the official listing of your school's courses and course materials.
- Order textbooks online, by phone, fax, or mail.
- Choose from a variety of payment options.
- Orders are shipped within 24 hours to your doorstep. Minimum shipping and handling for hard copy materials is $12.75. eBooks and emailed access codes are not charged shipping and handling.
- When setting up your student's MBS account, it is preferable to use your student's email address and a password that he/she will remember. The same user ID and password is needed for the VitalSource material to be downloaded to your student's laptop.
- Your School will notify you when your virtual bookstore opens, approximately 3 to 4 weeks prior to the start of classes.